Wednesday, September 20, 2006

"Chef!" - British comedy series

Last Christmas I treated myself to a new copy of the three-season "Chef!" comedy series. I had not even heard of the series until a few weeks earlier so it was quite a surprised at how good it was. Well, at least the first two seasons were. Even with a really shaky third season, I think that it was worth the approximately $50 that I paid for it. If you are apprehensive about buying the whole series, you can purchase individual seasons for about $20 each on Amazon.com.

I was never a huge fan of British comedy, but this series may have changed my mind. The dialog, while witty and hilarious, is fast-paced and was sometimes hard for me to comprehend. After a lot of rewinding and replaying I realized that it was best to give "Chef!" my full attention while watching it. No folding clothes, decluttering, filing or whatever I usually do when watching TV.

Nonetheless, if you like food and cooking, you should not be disappointed with "Chef!"

2 comments:

joe strange jr said...

WA NEW SERIES COME OUT DIDN'T THINK AFTER GARRETH AND WIFE HAD THE BABY IT SHOULD BE A NEW SERIES BROUGHT OUT I HAVE THE FIRST THREE SERIES I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE KEPT GOING RECONSIDER IT REALLY ENJOYED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOE STRANGE JR

superiorpapers com review said...

i have recently been watching this tv series called the silicon valley. It so hilarious that i can't stop laughing through out. People should go check that out as well.